Saturday, April 6, 2013

My Pregnancy with Oliver


If you were around me during my pregnancy, you know it wasn't an easy one. Luckily, I had zero complications with his health or mine BUT I was miserably sick almost the entire time. I lost so much weight in the beginning that I had to go to the doctor every week to keep a close watch. You'll notice some gaps in the picture taking because there were times that I couldn't even convince myself to get out of bed for a picture. During my first trimester I was in school in California but had to drop 3 out of my 6 classes because I was so sick. I had to walk or ride a bike 6 miles to school and 6 miles back, that was just out of the question considering I couldn't keep anything down (not even crackers). Once I moved back to Georgia, I worked about one day a week (waiting tables) until I felt well enough to pick up a few extra shifts. That didn't last long. I remember one day specifically that I was so sick at work that my manager and our Director of Operations (that just happened to be in that night) had to take care of my tables for me because I couldn't leave the bathroom. I am so lucky that my job was so cool and worked with me so much*.
I got HUGE**! I didn't think my belly could get any bigger ( I said that around 7 months. ha!) but it just kept growing and growing. I thought Oliver was going to be 10+ pounds. Thank God he was only 7lbs 14oz, but I did have him at 37 weeks so he could have been huge if I went all the way to 40 weeks. I thought I'd share my transformation with y'all :)

The day I found out I was pregnant!

My 23rd Birthday!!

This last photo was the very last photo taken of me while I was pregnant. SO classy, right? ha. It was taken by Michael Rooker (Merle from The Walking Dead) which is why I'm giving the finger (please excuse how crooked my finger is). If you follow Michael on Instagram you will soon find out that he has a signature "Rooker Salute." Also, I think it's pretty awesome that his very first Instagram photo is of him and Oliver!



[*]- My job is seriously the best. More specifically, the management is seriously the best. They've always been awesome, pregnant or not. Now that I have Oliver, they are still so cool with me having very limited availability. I couldn't ask to work for better people. Katie and David, if you happen to read this.. THANK YOU for being so amazing to me!
[**]- Although I was so huge, I somehow stayed in the recommended weight gain bracket. I started out at 138 pounds and was 166 pounds the day I had him. 28 pounds wasn't too shabby. and I am proud to say I am now 11 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these pictures! This is a fun progression to watch - also although you were feeling sick most of the pregnancy, you looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete