Wednesday, March 27, 2013

So, this juicing thing..

Juicing is great... in theory. I feel like I've been too busy to get as into it as I would have liked. I can still change that though. I tried 2 new recipes recently. One I liked, one I didn't like so much. I didn't hate it, it just wasn't something I would enjoy drinking all the time.


GREEN JUICE
3 handfuls spinach or kale
2 kiwi
1 cumber
1/2 apple
 



 I loved this juice. There are a lot of different versions of "green juice." I think my juicing will consist of mostly variations of this. I know I need to have a wider variety of fruits and veggies but I would be totally down having this every day. Maybe I'll make it every other day? Overall, I highly recommend this recipe!

BEET JUICE
2 beets
5 strawberries
1/2 cucumber
1/2 apple (optional)
 


Not a huge fan. To be fair, I don't care for beets. So, it was no surprise that this wasn't my favorite. I mean, it was drinkable. Next time I make a beet juice I may just put in one beet and add an orange or something. I'll be working on finding the perfect beet juice for people that don't particularly like beets. If you have any great beet juice recipes, let me know! I'm open to trying anything!

Who else has been juicing? I'd love to try your favorite recipes and hear any tips that you may have!

1 comment:

  1. I was juicing for a while - then I kind of forgot about it. My fav is carrots, apples, spinach and kale. It gets a good mix of greens and sweets. My other fav is oranges, carrots, and spinach (if you can get over the gritty feeling).

    I'll have to try your green juice!

    ReplyDelete