Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March Bluum Box Review

REVIEW NURTURME BABY FOOD!

Hooray! My first bluum box arrived! This is a great first week of subscription boxes. bluum is a monthly subscription box for babies (and some goodies for mom) by age. You get full size products and deluxe samples for $24.95/ month.

First Look 

Great first impression. The box was pretty full and I liked how colorful everything was. 


Instead of sending a product card they send you the information by email. They do include a card that tells you the theme of your box and on the reverse side are little tips about that stage. My theme this month was "Solid!" It focused on introducing solids into your baby's diet. Some items fit the theme while others didn't, that is fine by me.

What's Inside

B kids- Sand Fish Rattle ($10.00): This rattle is adorable! I love it, Oliver is pretty into it too. It's a little hard for him to handle for now but he'll be able to grow into it. He accidentally hit himself with it a few times today so I decided we'd try again another day.


Little Simon-Good Morning, Good Day book and hat ($12.99): The book was okay. Nothing too impressive but the illustrations are cute and it's pretty easy for him to hold so we'll get some use out of it. But the hat on the other hand.. the freakin cutest. His head is almost too big for it so he will be living in that hat for the next few days.

mOmma- Soft Spoon ($4.99):  This spoon is awesome. The tip is flatter than most of Oliver's other spoons. That just makes sense to me. I think this makes it so much easier for him to eat. This spoon is designed to be used as a first spoon when they begin feeding themselves but the travel lid that is included doubles as an extender so I can feed him easily as well. He liked chewing on this spoon. We think this is cool.

Nurturme- Plump Peas (dried baby food) Pouch ($1.25): I was SUPER excited to try out this organic dried baby food packet. I've been interested in them for a few weeks now but haven't taken the plunge to go out and buy some. They are a little bit pricier than a regular 2.5 oz jar of organic baby food which is why I was a little bit apprehensive about buying them. A box of 8 pouches is about $10.00. We tried this pack of the plump peas today and he ate most of it but wasn't overly excited about it. I had read mixed reviews about the plump peas. Most of the reviews about the other flavors were positive though. I won't be buying the peas but I am still excited to try out the other flavors. These pouches are perfect to throw in the diaper bag for on the go eating. All you have to do is add formula, breast milk, or water!


Icky Eco Bibs- 12 pk disposable bibs ($6.99): We got the space patterned boy bibs. They're adorable. I love that they are disposable and compostable. I'm getting more into the eco-friendly lifestyle so I'm really happy to try these out! Another great diaper bag addition. They also included a coupon for $1 off.


StriVectin- EV Serum ( $20.00- I found a few different prices for this product so I  settled in the middle): I'm giving this to my mom to try out. The full size bottle is pretty pricey so I am hoping that means it's a great product. I'm sure she'll love it.
  
Burt's Bees lip shimmer ($5.00): I love Burt's Bees lip products. They always make my lips feel super soft, this one is no different. I received the lip shimmer in "Rhubarb." The color is nice, nothing to get overly excited about but I'll definitely be using this.



I am overall stoked with this bluum box. Nothing from this months box will go unused. I can't decide which item is my favorite. Seriously, I really can't decide. But at first glance I was most excited to try the Nurturme baby food. I read some pretty negative reviews about bluum today and they made me a little nervous but I'm glad that bluum met and exceeded my expectations. I like that I am exposed to items that I might not have tried if I didn't subscribe to this box.


Total Box Value: $54.23. Box costs $24.95/ month. Success.  

Using some of our new goodies! We love them :)



What did y'all get in your boxes this month? If you don't already subscribe to bluum, click here to sign up. You will receive a bonus 15 points for signing up through my link, and so will I :) If you earn 500 points you get a free box. There are ways to earn points too. Heck, you get 100 points just for being a new subscriber. What other boxes do y'all have/want subscriptions to?

No comments:

Post a Comment