Saturday, March 9, 2013

Juicing

I'm jumping on the "juicing" bandwagon. I've been wanting to try it for a while but 1. I didn't have a juicer and 2. I wasn't sure if I would be into drinking my veggies. But then a few weeks ago Oliver's great-grandma sent me this awesome juicer (Thank you!!). I finally got around to using it today and I'm bummed I waited this long to start. The first recipe I made was amazing. I don't plan on changing my entire diet to juicing but I would like to incorporate this into my daily diet. I am getting more fruits and veggies in one glass of this juice than I was eating in 2 or 3 days. That's terrible. There are a few super healthy vegetables that I'm not very fond of (kale, beets, etc). This is a great way for me to bring a better variety of fruits and vegetables into my diet without having to taste them. I'll be posting the juice recipes I'm trying every few days so be sure to check back for more.  



I am very aware that the color of this juice looks disgusting. It really is delicious though. This recipe has a strong apple flavor that covers the kale and carrots really well and it turns out to be quite a bit of juice.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh you are about to be so much healthier! I haven't invested in a heavy duty juicer but I definitely need to I've heard it can be life changing to incorporate fresh juices into your diet...how exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've heard that it makes you feel great (more energized) and it doesn't hurt that I'll probably shed a few pounds in the process. You dont have to invest in some fancy juicer that costs like $300. I believe the one I have is roughly $100 and it works really well.

      Delete