Monday, April 15, 2013

Honest Co. Product Review


As most of you know, I am obsessed with The Honest Company. I like them so much that when I tell people about them, I sound like I'm selling the products.  No, I don't sell the products, I just really love them.
I have tried nearly every product they sell. I am giving you my honest (I feel weird saying honest when talking about Honest products) opinion about each of them*.
For those of you that don't know about The Honest Company go here to sign up and learn what they're all about. Quick run down: They're into the environment, they believe in safe, non-toxic, plant based, and beautifully designed products. Plus, they give to families in need every time a purchase is made. They're an amazing company and they know what's up. Their products smell great, work great, they're affordable, and everything is so cute!!

 BATH & BODY

Shampoo and Body Wash:
Scent: Sweet Orange Vanilla
 I love this as both a shampoo and body wash for Oliver. It's gentle and it smells great. His skin seems to be doing so much better than it was before we made the switch. I've also been using this for myself. I love it as my body wash. Their new version of this is even better than before and it is a much larger bottle! Great value!
Conditioner:
Scent: Sweet Orange Vanilla
 I am so glad that I found a conditioner that is safe for babies. I never looked very hard but I never came across one at the store. Oliver's skin is dry everywhere and his head is not an exception. A few days after we started using this on him, his head was clear of cradle cap. He isn't self- conscious about his flaky head anymore! (kidding.) It smells yummy just like the shampoo!
Conditioning Mist:
Scent: Sweet Orange Vanilla
I love this stuff. I use it on my hair after almost every wash. I don't like using regular conditioner on my hair so this is perfect for me. I spray my hair with 1 part apple cider vinegar 1 part water while I'm in the shower and that gets the job done pretty well but I like to use this conditioning mist on top of that so my hair smells good.

Face and Body Lotion:
Scent: Fragrance Free
This lotion leaves Oliver's skin (my skin too!) so soft. It is on the thinner side and rubs in well. It is fragrance free which is good for his sensitive skin but I wish it smelled like the body wash. I want a good smellin' baby!
Healing Balm:
Scent: Fragrance Free
Love it! We've used it as diaper balm, on both of our eczema spots, burns, lip balm, and I'm sure we'll find even more uses. As a diaper balm, I love it so much more than the other diaper rash creams and ointments we tried.  I always felt like the others were really hard to clean off. If he already has diaper rash I don't want to have to wipe him raw to get the cream off. The Honest balm isn't like that and has the best consistency.
Hand Soap:
Scent: Lemongrass
First of all, this smells amazing! I feel so clean and refreshed after washing my hands with it. When guests come over to my house, they always comment on how much they love this soap!
Hand Sanitizer:
I really like this product. With that said, it takes some getting used to. It is a different consistency than any other hand sanitizer that I've used before.


Sunscreen SPF 30:
I had read some negative reviews about this product and unfortunately, I agree with them. This sunscreen is so thick and greasy feeling and it makes me and my son look like ghosts. This is the only product from the Honest Co. that I wouldn't recommend.

Bug Spray:
I have a problem with the smell of a lot of bug sprays. This one leaves you smelling like a citronella candle, I'm down with that. We will be using this A LOT because the bugs here in Georgia are bad. We haven't had too many opportunities to use this but from the times we have used it, I think it's great!
Body Oil:
Secent: Coconut Blossom
I'm not a huge fan of using body oil on a daily basis but I have been ever since I got terrible stretch marks while I was pregnant. I've been using this on my stretch marks in combination with Mederma and the Honest body lotion. They are still there but they're getting better. 
Also, I used this body oil to make a body scrub for my mom for Mother's Day! Thanks to Jessica Alba for the idea on The Ellen Show :)
Bubble Bath:
Scent: Tangerine Dream
Between me, my mom, and Oliver, we are going through this stuff like crazy. It smells delicious, its nice and bubbly, and I feel so much better using this than all the other highly scented bubble bath formulas that I've always used. It's $11.95 a bottle which is a little pricey compared to your typical baby bubble bath but not compared to the bubble bath that my mom and I were using before. Plus, if you get it in an essentials bundle you save a lot of money.
Lip Balm:
Scents: Lavender Mint, Sweet Orange Vanilla, and Purely Simple
I LOVE these. I can't get over how much I am obsessed with these. They make my lips feel so silky and soft. My favorite is the sweet orange vanilla but I love them all. I will definitely be including these in gifts I give.



Cleaning Supplies

Laundry Detergent:  
We do A LOT of laundry around here. I haven't noticed any differences between this and the detergent I was using before. I mean that in a good way. I was happy with the detergent I was using before (as well as a lot of other products I replaced with Honest products) so not being able to tell a difference but using safe products makes me really happy!
4-in-1 Laundry Pods:
Scent: Free and Clear
At first, I didn't love these. I have had a complete change of heart. I didn't like them before because I noticed that sometimes a few chunks of detergent would be left in the washer afterward. My solution: Hold the pod under the running water for a few seconds and it will all completely dissolve into the water. Now, I don't know what I would do without these.
Dyer Cloths:
Scent: Fragrance Free
These dryer cloths are pretty neat. They're reusable, they're wet cloths and much stronger than most other dryer sheets. I think it's really cool that they're reusable but I know I will forget to reuse them. I've already done it several times. I started cutting them in half before I use them so I can get twice as many uses. They still work just as well with half a sheet. If you are someone that can remember to reuse the sheet you'll get 128 uses from one pack if you cut them in half too :)
Multi- Surface Cleaner:
Scent: White Grapefruit
The White Grapefruit scent is delish. I use this constantly. I wipe down my kitchen counters once a day at the very least. It works great but I can't confirm that it is great on tough cleaning jobs. I clean my counters a lot so there is never anything too grimy to get off. I'm going to assume that it will take care of those tougher messes just fine. I also use this cleaner to wipe down Oliver's toys and things and don't have to worry about any harsh chemicals getting into his mouth.
Dish Soap:
Scent: White Grapefruit
This smells just like the multi-surface cleaner. I like the dish soap a lot. I don't see any difference in my dishes (like I said before, that's a good thing). The packaging even looks pretty when the dish soap is left out on the sink. I have already ordered like 5 bottles of this as back up because we use this so much.
Dishwasher Gel:
Scent: Free and Clear
This dishwasher gel cleans my dishes well and leaves them streak free and very clean! I clean a lot of dishes by hand so this bottle will probably last me a while (it's 40 oz!)

Bathroom Cleaner:
Scent: Eucalyptus Mint
Great bathroom cleaner. It leaves my counters and shower/ bath sparkly and clean. It also smells wonderful.
Toilet Cleaner:
Scent: Tea Tree Eucalyptus
This is strangely one of my favorite Honest products. I hate seeing a dirty toilet so I tend to clean mine a lot. I'm pretty sure more than the average person. This cleaner smells great. So great that it makes cleaning my toilet seem like less of a chore. I also really like that it's clear, unlike a lot of the blue and green toilet cleaners I've used in the past. For some reason, I don't like colored cleaners. I'm weird.
Rinse Aid:
Scent: Free and Clear
I had never used a rinse aid before but I'm down with trying anything to make my dishes even more clean and streak free. I hate going to other peoples houses and using their dirty looking dishes. I wish I could politely give them this product without saying, "hey, your dishes are streaky with water marks.. . I think you need this." It works well and I now use it on a regular basis.
Dish Brush:
I am more of a sponge kind of girl so I haven't used this too much but if I ever have any hard to clean dishes this dish brush is great. Not something I will use daily but it is definitely good to have on hand. Plus, it's super cute.

Floor Cleaner:
Scent: Citrus Rosemary
What an AMAZING idea. Water free mopping? Yes, please! I thought that it would leave my floors feeling sticky but it doesn't!
Oxy Boost:
Scent: Free and Clear
I used this on a white comforter that I have that has been through a lot of messes (nail polish, Oliver's blow outs, spilled drinks, etc) It's always cleaned up well but after using the oxy boost, it's definitely whiter and brighter than it has been in a really long time!

Stain Remover:
Scent: French Lavender
This has replaced the many stain removers that I have used in the past. I work with food and it is nice to have this stain remover on hand to get those stains out!
Fruit & Veggie Wash:
TO BE REVIEWED



* These are all my true and honest opinions of each product. I receive no compensation for reviewing their products.

If you have any questions about any of the products, feel free to ask me! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm interested to see how other like honest company products so I google it. I have tried several products and I'm not seeing any result and personally, I'm not liking them. I used their sunscreen and not just what you have mentioned, it doesn't rub in well but also greasy. So greasy it's like I'm outing coconut oil on my body. I am a chemical free person but I don't think honest company is delivering what I need. With their price I would get something else in the market that probably does the same thing. My personally opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read many articles about honest co products and decided to buy a hand-wash from there online store and this would be even more better. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah honest products are really amazing. I also ordered honest diaper and it is really best decision for me. It really supports me for for diapering baby in great way. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete