Monday, March 4, 2013

The Honest Company Review

Here's what The Honest Company is about:
  • Non-Toxic, Natural, High Performance/ Quality Products
  • Design.  I know design isn't supposed to be important, but if the products are safe AND cute.. who can pass that up?!
  • Giving Back. Every purchase made, The Honest Company gives product to families in need. 
  • Convenience. You can buy products individually or you can get monthly bundles sent directly to your door.
  • Affordability. This is probably one of the most important issues with many parents. At first glance, these products may seem pricey but after a break down of what I was spending on store bought products I realized that The Honest Co. is very affordable!
Here's what I think about The Honest Company:

I was skeptical of buying these products for many reasons. I was worried about the cost, quality, and I also wasn't sure if I was into the company being founded by a celebrity (Although, I LOVE Jessica Alba). Every day you hear about some celebrity coming out with a new perfume or clothing line and I thought The Honest Company might be something like that. After doing my research, I realized that this company isn't some silly celebrity money making scheme. This company was created for the right reason, safety for our children (and us!). So, I recently gave in and decided to try The Honest Company's free trial. The trial included 7 diapers, travel sized wipes, and 5 travel sized essential products (detergent, shampoo/ body wash, healing balm, face and body lotion, and hand soap). I fell in love with all of these products, especially the lotion and balm. Oliver has sensitive skin and I have Eczema and these products have been helping our skin tremendously.


 After trying the products, I decided to purchase both monthly bundles. The diaper bundle comes with 4 packs (70 count) of wipes and a month supply of diapers (quantity depends on the size of diaper). The essentials bundle comes with your choice of 5 full sized items (34 products to choose from) and the option to add 3 more at 25% off. If you decide to do both bundles they waive the shipping costs! Another awesome option they have is the shipping frequency. You have the option between 4 weeks, 6 weeks, and 8 weeks. In my first shipment I picked shampoo/ body wash, conditioner, face and body lotion, detergent, and multi-surface cleaner (smells amazing and works great!). I am very pleased with all of them. As for the diapers bundle, I am also very pleased BUT the diapers do require some getting used to. They are definitely different than the store bought diapers I was using before. Natural diapers just have a different feel to them. The absorbancy isn't quite as awesome in natural diapers but I feel that the store bought brands just mask the fact that their diaper is full and needs to be changed. I don't want Oliver sitting in a pee soaked diaper that appears to be able to hold more.I would rather have to change his diaper more often to keep his little bottom fresh and clean AND save him from harsh chemicals.





Here's my diaper and wipe price breakdown (according to the prices in my local stores):

  • The Honest Co. month supply of size 2 diapers (252ct) plus 4 packs (70ct) wipes = $79.95
  • Pampers month supply of size 2 diapers (240ct) plus 4 packs (72ct) wipes = $62.51
Yes, purchasing my diapers through The Honest Company is costing me more but I believe it is worth the extra $17.44 a month. Here's why:
  • Safer products. Plant based, biodegradable, hypoallergenic, and chlorine- free.
  • Convenience. No more running out to the store to pick up a pack of diapers or wipes. In my house this is a very good thing considering I live several miles from the nearest grocery store and lugging Oliver in the store to pick up and item or two is such a pain.
  • Design. I'm a sucker for any kind of aesthetically pleasing packaging (all of their products are the cutest) and I really love that Oliver's little bum is covered in a super cute diaper.
  • Plus, I am getting 12 more diapers (in size 2) than with Pampers. Bonus! 

If you're interested in these products and getting a free trial use this link, The Honest Company
As an extra bonus, they have a referral program. Each person that you get to sign up and make a purchase, they give you a $20 credit.

Feel free to ask me any questions about the products, I'll answer as best as I can. Give me your feedback of the products too! I'd love to hear what others think.






5 comments:

  1. I love their diapers too! Well worth the cost. I'd be interested in hearing more what you think about the essential bundle products. I'm working my way through trying them all. I'll get the multi-surface cleaner in my next shipment because I haven't tried that one yet. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all of the essentials products I've tried so far. I haven't tried very many yet but I am excited to try all of them. I love the face and body lotion. We both use it. I am trying not to use too many scented products on him so this lotion is perfect. I've been using the laundry detergent and it's been great. I can't really tell a difference from the Dreft that we were using before and I really liked that too but I'm happy to be using an even safer product. I have always been skeptical about using "green" cleaning products. I just wondered how well they would clean without using harsh (but effective) chemicals. I'm very happy with the multi-surface cleaner. It smells great. I feel good about using it on his toys and them him putting them into his mouth. EVERYTHING goes into his mouth lately. We both have eczema so I've been using the healing balm on that. I haven't noticed a huge difference but we just started consistently using it on dry spots a few days ago. I've also been using the shampoo and the conditioner on him and I've liked the results. He has cradle cap really bad but it's been clearing up. I'm even considering using them for myself.
      What have you tried? Have you tried anything and not liked it?

      Delete
  2. Yeah honest co is the best friend of every mommy as they are providing great products. I also recommend everyone to go for honest co reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah honest diaper are organic and also best cleaning product for babies. It really solves my problem as previously my baby is facing diaper rashes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Τhank yοu for the good wгiteup.
    ӏt іn fаct was a amuѕement аcсount it.

    Look аԁvanced to more аddеԁ agrеeable from you!


    By the ωаy, how can we сommunicate?



    Alsο visit my site; good core exercises

    ReplyDelete