Tuesday, February 26, 2013

DIY: Clothespin Photo Display

A few weeks ago I finally started working on a few small projects again. The only one I have completed so far is a clothespin photo display. I thought it was a cute idea but decided I had to do it once I printed some of my Instagram photos. I had been a little hesitant about printing Instagram pictures because of the quality. They all ended up coming out pretty well. The lighting and front or back camera definitely make a difference though. There are many websites that you can print your Instagram photos from. I found a few cool apps too. I really like the Postal Pix app because they not only allow you to print 4x4, 5x5, 8x8, and 2x2 grid prints but they also have other gift options like phone cases, mouse pads, and these really awesome aluminum plates. I ended up using the Printicular app that sends the photos to be printed at Walgreens. That way I could choose to return any of the photos that didn't turn out. 

 Materials you will need:
  • Nails
  • Rope, String, or Ribbon
  • Clothespins
  • Photos (obviously)
Optional:
  • Painting materials (to decorate clothespins) paint, paint brushes, paint dish
  • measuring tape or ruler (for all the perfectionists out there)




 First I decorated my clothespins by painting them. Then I tied one end of my rope to a nail. Then measured out how long I wanted my line to be and tied the other end to another nail. You'll want to make the line pretty tight because once the pictures and pins are on, the line hangs down more than you'd think. This is where the measuring tape or ruler can come in. Making the line straight is pretty difficult, especially for a perfectionist. Since I was doing this project alone I had to come to terms with the fact that my nails were not going to be perfectly parallel to each other (I'm getting a lot better about accepting imperfections). I decided to do three lines. I measured each of the lines about 7 1/2 inches apart. I finished hanging the lines and then added my photos. Just like that, I finished a quick and easy project! It makes me so happy to have all of these awesome memories hanging above Oliver's crib :)


Do y'all have any cool DIY picture displaying ideas? I'd especially love to hear of ways to display Instagram photos since it's really hard to find square picture frames.

2 comments:

  1. Brittany nice use of @Printicular! Looking forward to some more fun posts and creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a few more projects in mind so keep checking back for them :)
      Thanks for stopping by! Also, just wondering, how did you find my blog?

      Delete