Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April Ipsy Review

I just received my first glam bag from Ipsy! Ipsy is a monthly service that sends you 4-5 deluxe or full size beauty products for $10 a month. It's only my first one but I already love this company.

It arrived in a pretty pink envelope!
Awesome deals
This months theme: Pretty in Pink

I'm pretty happy with the makeup bag. It's simple and it's a great size. My favorite part is the inner lining. 
Sation Nail Lacquer ($5.00): I received this really pretty pastel pink called "Of Corset I'll Call You." I love the quality of this nail polish. It goes on smooth and they have this natural glossy look after they dry. I used 3 coats to get a good solid pink. I think this is a great spring color. I am especially happy that I got this color because I don't have any like this and i feel like it's making me step out of my color comfort zone.

Big Sexy Hair- Powder Play ($4.44): This is a volumizing and texturizing powder. I haven't tried it out yet but I cant wait to use it. I want to save it for days that I actually need to fix my hair. I have very fine and thin hair so I need all the help I can get to create some volume.
MICA Beauty- Mineral Eye Shadow ($14.95): I'll start off by saying, I don't love shimmer. This eye shadow is a little too shimmery for me but i was able to blend it with another eye shadow I have and it turned out to be really pretty. The color itself is great. This went on so smooth and stayed on for my entire work shift!

Be a Bombshell-Blush ($16.00): This is by far my favorite product in this months bag! First of all, it's a full size blush. Second, the color is freakin awesome. Third, the packaging is really cute. In the package it looks like it could be an overwhelming color to wear but it's much more subtle when you put it on! I'm obsessed!

Total Value: $40.39 not including the makeup bag.
Price I paid: $10

I am overall VERY happy with this bag. I would have happily paid $10 just for the blush.

Treat yourself or a friend to an Ipsy subscription, here.


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear what you think about the hair powder! It sounds cool!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete