Monday, February 25, 2013

New Mommy, New Blogger

Welcome to my first "Mommy&Ollie" blog post! I've never been much of a blogger before and I really have no idea what I'm doing, so bear with me. Let's get acquainted.

I'm Brittany. I'm 23. I'm the mother of a sweet baby boy, Oliver James. I'm a waitress. I'm an organization freak. I'm obsessed with The Bachelor/ Bachelorette (not even embarrassed about it). I'm still growing up. I'm an aspiring teacher. I'm addicted to Instagram. and I'm happy. 

I'm not going to sit here and tell you how glamorous being a mom is because.. it's not. Being a mom is a combination of so many emotions it's hard to put it into words. Mostly, I feel in love, exhausted, excited, overwhelmed, and again, so in love. Feel free to make fun of me for getting a little sappy but Oliver is truly the best part of my life, hands down. When people tell you that you've never felt a love as strong for anyone as you do for your child, they aren't lying. It's incredible how you can love this small little human that eats, sleeps, poops, and cries. On repeat. 
I'm not going to lie, there have been days that I want to pull my hair out and get out of the house for a few hours. Being a mom in general is difficult but I now understand why all those single moms always talk about how hard (and rewarding) it is. I'll gladly take all the ups and downs. I'll gladly miss out on some of the fun things my non mommy friends are doing. And I will gladly stay at home with my precious nugget any night over doing the things I used to do. I'm not perfect and I don't claim to be a perfect mom, but I'm doing my best and that's all I can do.

Things that I plan on sharing with you guys:
  • Products I like (for me and for Oliver)
  • DIY projects I do around my house
  • Pictures of Oliver (probably wayyyy too many)
  • Mommy babbles and rants
  • Things I feel passionate about
  • Funny stuff I find (ecards, etc)
  • And other random things. We'll just see where this goes :)
Feel free to share my page with your friends and follow me on Instagram! @bandersonn

1 comment:

  1. Yay for new bloggers! And Instagram too...just followed :)

    ReplyDelete